We make it our aim to please Him. 2 Cor 5:9 ESV


This battle with my weight is largely associated with my emotions. If I feel sad or lonely, I eat (A LOT). If I don't feel like working out, I DON'T. If I feel envious of Beyonce, I make my way to the gym. But I don't often think about pleasing God. I mean, in general as a Christian I am supposed to say that I want to please him and of course I should follow up with my actions but I don't habitually and consciously choose to please him. AND I COULD.

If God were like some of the guys I have been attracted to I would do my best to please him. Those guys, now just memories, weren't even worthy of my efforts to please and satisfy but I did it nonetheless, to make them love me. And even when I tried my best, oftentimes it never worked.

But God, who loves me and takes care of me, and watches me swing emotional pendulums in efforts to jump through hoops for others, is waiting for me to shift my direction away from pleasing self and others and turn it to him.

I am tired of disappointing him. I am tired of not even considering that I am disappointing him. I want him to be proud of me. I want to please him and I will.


Get this widget | Track details | eSnips Social DNA

0 comments:

Post a Comment