The race is not to the swift... Ecc 9:11



I saw a picture of myself today, it was only a year and a half ago but I couldn't recognize myself because I was so slim. I mean, slim for me. A friend of mine got me into doing 10 day lemonade fasts to lose weight (well water weight) quickly. She and I would binge eat healthy foods in large portions and then after "bloating up" and not being able to really fit our clothes we would fast. And I tell you it actually worked. Eventually we kept shrinking and in that picture, which I took a few weeks after breaking a 10 day all water fast, I was at my smallest.

I looked at the picture and thought of how beautiful I would be if I could only be that size again. I looked at that picture and craved a way to reach my goals faster. For instance, instead of bloggin now, I could be working out for my second time today. But I realized, that what I am trying to achieve is not quick results. I have had those come and go. I want to have a lifestyle change.

I started my day with working out at the gym and I ate good healthy food in right portions throughout the day, so does that mean I need to be a mad women and work out some more at 1:30am, as if that one action is going to shrink me to my desired size overnight? I should think not. I think being steady and consistent with my habits is the best way to win this race. But of course if that fails, I could always just get gastric bypass. lol.

6 comments:

blessed1 said...

I'm still submitting to a healthier lifestyle. I completed day 5. Thank you God. I had to force myself to not weigh myself. I will do it monthly at the end of the month. I got my 30 min. workout done today. I need to get more resistance training in. I'm always doing aerobics with only a little resistance. So, I will have to try to incorparate it more. At the end of the month I'll have done 10 days in a row and I'll measure myself to see if I've lost any inches as well as pounds. Hand in there, we can do this.

blessed1 said...

Day 6 I completed sooooo late yesterday around 11pm and
After hanging out with friends. I had a few drinks. I didn't think I was still gonna but I told myself I have to. So even though I was tipsy I worked out pretty hard. I'm not encouraging nor suggesting to anyone to do what I did. I'm just sayin there are no excuses. We should always achieve our set goals. Especially when it comes to health and fitness.

blessed1 said...

I completed day 7 around 6pm today. I'm tryin to stay focused but next week I have to kick it up a notch. I still do have some eatin relapses. I ate some cookies yesterday and today, but I still have my weight off, I couldn't stay away from the scale. I had to get on the scale today cause I got worried about the cookies and eating late at night. I put my mind at ease, and I found out I'm down 11lbs. Total. I'm going to try my best on next month to stay off the scale til the end of the month. We'll see....
I hope everyone is doing well with achieving there fitness and healthy living goals. I'll continue to try harder and do better. Good luck.

Anonymous said...

11 pounds is good progress!

blessed1 said...

Day 8 was done at midnight yesterday but I did 50 minutes. Day 9 was done at 1130 pm tonight but only 30 mintutes. Trying to remain consistant in my efforts to obtain optimum health and fitness. Good luck to you all

blessed1 said...

Day 9 and 10 done on time. Thank you God! But all isn't perfect cause I ate a lot of donuts today :(

Post a Comment