As Unto the Lord...



I was going through facebook pages, when I stumbled across a profile for a young lady who is a fitness expert. Unbeknownst to my body, I am really interested in fitness so I browsed through her profile. But one picture intrigued me most, I have reposted it here. The caption under the photo read "Commit every workout unto the Lord." That's when everything hit me like a ton of bricks! That has been the missing ingredient to my workout success! I have failed to commit every workout unto the Lord. When I did that before, I lost weight effortless and it's now because some magic words made me automatically slimmer, it's because the focus shifted from me wanted to fit a new dress, wanting to entice some man, or wanting to look good for vanities sake. The focus was on taking care of my body per the instructions set forth to me by God. When my mind focused on working out for that purpose alone, working out was no longer a chore. I didn't have deadlines and timelines for when I should be skinny. I wasn't hurried by the changing seasons and need to fit into smaller clothes. The focus left self complete and before I knew it I shrinked from a full 16 to a size 10 and stayed that way until I again took my eyes of Jesus.

So doing an honest evaluation of myself. I know that my weight shifts by my circumstances. Namely, if I begin dating someone. In most cases I balloon because I reconnect brain neurons to all sorts of bad habits. (Most times I don't date people who are good for me). In the few cases that I have lost weight, the motivation again was attached to some evil desire and the results, no matter how fabulous were only short lived.

So my prayer for this week, before trying to fast my way to thinness or make a thousand selfish promises to myself on New Years is that I commit each day, as well as each workout (which I pray will be included in each day) unto the Lord. For it pleases him most to see me at my best.

0 comments:

Post a Comment